Music and Drama
At St. Rose School, all of our students receive instruction in music as part of the regular curriculum taught by our on staff Music teacher. All of the students participate in Christmas and Spring musical performances.
Students may also join beginning or intermediate band, with practices scheduled before school under the leadership of our music teacher. This is an exciting program which teaches the kids a love for music and the skills to play various instruments. Signups for band will come home via the Wednesday Envelope. Link to PDF of Sign-Up Document
St. Rose students participate in plays, pageants and dramatic activities as part of the regular classroom curriculum. For those who want participate in more organized productions, the school offers two annual After School Players productions. The fall production is for students in grades K-3; the spring musical is for 4th through 8th grades. All students are eligible to try out for parts in these productions. Players are coached and directed by local drama professionals, and work for months to put on an impressive show.
Education in Drama and Theater helps children grow in the following ways:
- Improves communication skills
- Gives an opportunity to express oneself
- Helps develop the ability to think critically
- Encourages cooperation with others in achieving a joint goal
- Helps develop moral and spiritual values
- Helps a child explore oneself
- Helps develop sensitivity and understanding of the feelings of others
- Provides a safe and welcoming environment
- Offers one-on-one attention for the socially challenged
- Fosters peer acceptance and self-worth
In years past, productions have included: The Music Man; Hello, Dolly!; The King and I; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; and Pollyanna.