Ways to Help
Parents are expected to support our St. Rose Parent Association and help in our major fundraisers each year.
Twenty-five hours of service are required per year per family, which not only helps to support the many causes and activities at St. Rose School, but also awards a tuition credit for families who complete. There is a large variety of volunteer activities parents can do to fulfill this requirement. Families report their service hours by completing the “Parents’ Service Hours Card” that is sent home once a year. The Parent Association sponsors two major fundraisers: The Annual Crab Feed and the Walk-A-Thon. Every family is asked to support the important fundraisers.
The proceeds from these events help to keep everyone’s tuition lower. St. Rose is blessed with many families who happily complete service hours over and above the required 25 hours. Research has shown that students do better in school when their parents are involved. For this reason, we hope all families will choose to complete their service hour requirement. Families who do not complete their service hours will be charged the tuition credit at the end of the school year.
We are in need of other services as well. Below is a list of some of our needs at St. Rose. Our weekly newsletters will contain a listing of current service hour needs occasionally throughout the year. It will be school parents’ responsibility to make contact with the person(s) coordinating activities/events to offer their services.
We can’t do it without YOU!
- Supervision : Lunch Time Yard Duty (11:45-1:15)
After School Sports : Coaching, Track Meet Workers
After School Players: Costume Design, Publicity, Flyers, Ticket, Sales, Provide Baked Goods, Backstage Helpers, Sets Design, Musical Accompaniment
School and Parish Events
- Crab Feed : Decorations Committee, Wine Donations Committee, Auction Committee, Set up, Clean Up.
- Parish Festival : Booth Worker Yard Sale (Sat. & Sun.)Silent Auction Donations Clean Up
- Grandparent’s Day
- School Pictures Day: Help prepare the children for their school photos.
- Walk-A-Thon: Contact the Walk-A-Thon committee to learn more.
- Holy Thursday Activity
- Sunshine Committee: Contact the committee chair to learn more
- Family Bingo Night : Clean Up
- Halloween Carnival : Contact your head room parent for more information about booth preparation, set up and clean up.